Subject: Re: GadTools problem
From: [email-masked] (Udo K Schuermann)
Date: 26 Apr 1994 15:27:40 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <tvGgeMD1A7aMz1@!dietmar.tomate.oche.de>,
Dietmar Eilert <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I wonder wether it is possible to create two independant lists of
>GENERIC_KIND GadTools gadgets in order to add one list in front of the
>system gadgets (window's top border), the other list after the system
>gadgets (bottom border), using AddGList() twice ?

You'll need a context gagdet for each disjoint list of gadgets.  The
context gadget only serves as a place holder, an anchor for a list of
GadTools gadgets.

>As far as I can see this requires two CreateContext() calls to get a root
>for subsequent CreateGadget() calls, used to build two gadget lists:

Correct.

Just be careful about how MANY gadgets you end up removing from a window's
gadget list!  Once CreateGadget() call can create more than one physical
gadget: a listview, for example, consists of scrollbar, up/down arrows, and
two more, I think, whose purpose I can guess at, but that wouldn't be wise.
Make NO assumptions about the number of gadgets actually created by a call
to CreateGadget().

I always add GadTools gadget at the very end of a list, after the system
gadgets, and after my non-GadTools gadgets (if any) so that I can get rid
of a list of GadTools gadgets in one swell foop.  Things get tricky in all
other cases, requiring you to count before removing gadgets.

 ._.  Udo Schuermann
 ( )  [email-masked]

Article 22693 (635 more) in comp.sys.amiga.programmer:
From: Michael Smith
Subject: Re: Finding visible area of auto-scroll screen?
Organization: U.Va. Internet Public Access Project
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 12:59:13 GMT
Lines: 14

In article <[email-masked]>,
joseph rumsey <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I think what I'm actually asking is, how do I find out the overscan
>settings for the current mode?  Is there a variable in the screen
>or viewport structure, or do I need to look in preferences, or
>somewhere else entirely?

QueryOverScan() fills in a struct Rectangle for whichever overscan
setting you want, given a viewport from the current screen (I think
its the viewport, it may be the visualinfo -- I'm not at home to
check the autodocs or the RKRM).
-- 
  //  Michael B. Smith
\X/   [email-masked]